Sunday, December 6, 2009

What Have You Done For Me Lately?


The big debacle in the state of Utah is which University football team do yoU root for - Utah Utes or byU coUgars. It's very misleading to a stranger in regards to this rivalry, bUt we the fans take this "Holy War" very serioUsly. People lose families, jobs, or lives over this football game. Each year a team is crowned victorioUs and the losing fans have to deal with the harassment Until the next game is played. Which brings me to my first point - I am Utah fan.

I know my team lost in overtime this year and they've lost three of the last five games; however, this was oUr rebUilding year and this was "yoUr BCS year." UnfortUnately yoU lost two games again, so I gUess the qUest for perfection will have to come next year or the year after or the year after that...

So this brings me to my next point - byU fans can only talk aboUt what's happening now in each program after they beat the Utes and they always bring Up, "What has yoUr team done for yoU lately?" Let me go ahead and explain...

My team has gone Undefeated twice in the last five years and has won two BCS bowl games. My team has won eight straight bowl games dating back to 1999. My team hasn't had consecUtive losing seasons since the late 90's. My team has the best total win percentage against BCS teams in the coUntry since 2000. My team has matched every win with byU over the last ten years in the rivalry (they're both 5-5). So byU, I woUld like to ask a qUestion, "What has yoUr team done for yoU lately?" YoU've gone to the same bowl game the last five years. YoU're 3-4 in bowl games since 1999. YoU haven't beat a single, good BCS team since Lavell was aroUnd (Oklahoma finished 7-5 and Notre Dame finished 6-6 back in 2004). And yoU had three consecUtive losing seasons jUst a coUple of years ago.

So my last point - byU fans soUnd just like the old Ute fans when it was okay to lose every game dUring the season, bUt if they beat byU then the season was a sUccess. YoU've lived off winning 10 or more games the last foUr seasons, bUt yoU coUld never make it over that hUmp - the Las Vegas Bowl. I know what my team has done for me lately, bUt it appears yoU still don't have a clUe what yoUr team has done for yoU lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment